Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Blessings

Happy Easter!  
What a blessed weekend, filled with good food, family, a walk with my husband, and finished off with me totally burning a batch of chocolate chip banana bread!  For future reference...when the recipe calls for a 10 inch tube pan, do not decide that a bread pan will work just as well.  Yuck.  My oven is a mess, my bread doesn't smell quite as yummy as anticipated.  Oh Well!

My thoughts over this week have been about redemption.  My husband and I are applying to be marriage mentors at our church.  We don't know what God has in mind for us but we're following in faith to be obedient to Him and try to serve Him in a way that will hopefully bring others to Christ.  Our church service today was a wonderful reminder that redemption is what Christ did for us on the cross.  Good Friday was actually a Bad Friday for Jesus but with a little faith and a "Wow Factor" of the resurrection, we have the opportunity to have and live a redeemed life!

How do I share this with my preschoolers?  I love them, I'm patient with them, I teach them about forgiveness, kindness, cooperation, and a daily dose of laughter.  I show them understanding when they have moments where they are sad, angry, or upset.  I have just finished a fantastic book called "The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog."  Written by a man who has spent his career treating children who had suffered trauma, this book reaffirmed my belief that positive relationships with people and love with support is the best way to help children learn and develop.  How does this connect to my faith?  Jesus, the ultimate healer, loved people, healed people, and held children close to His heart.  I  want to continue to let the love of Christ work through me to be one who teaches children about their world around them, about how to have fun and learn, to give them experiences to be independent thinkers, explorers, and teammates.  I know that my faith will lead my steps, with my preschoolers, with my decisions after I graduate, and with my family.  

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment